||Niagara Falls, ON
Our client is looking for a skilled and experienced Director of Finance to join their team. In this role, the Director of Finance is responsible for development and implementation of finance and business analytics strategies. This role will implement best practice financial control, revenue enhancement and EBITDA enhancement; navigating through sophisticated accounting policies with long standing senior management to provide financial leadership and oversee all financial planning initiatives.
- Post-secondary education in business administration
- Accounting designation is an asset
- 8 years accounting and finance experience within a hospitality accounting environment, including 4 years in a senior role, with knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent team leadership, relationship management, analytical and project management skills.
- Record of continuous quality improvement.
- Deadline-driven, creative, proactive, self-starting, inquisitive, intuitive and strategic.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Expert level knowledge of EBITDA and revenue enhancement strategies and techniques
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
- Strong overall computer skills
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints and deadlines
- Willingness to accept the most effective role with an equal focus on Team, Guest, Financial.
- Leads the development and implementation of financial strategies and practices ensuring that financial reporting is reflective of property and corporate levels.
- Works with the finance team to direct the management of financial analysis to include preparation, administration, maintenance and reporting
- Timely and accurate financial reporting and budget preparation
- Works with the finance team to develop and implement business analytics strategies and techniques aimed at streamlining business processes and practices.
- Develops and implements EBITDA enhancement strategies and programs focused on expense control, profit and loss consolidation and revenue growth.
- Provides expert advice and financial information for the development of strategic plans.
- Provides counsel, assesses and improves the role, organization and effectiveness of the finance function across departments.
- Initiates and leads change projects with a focus on the finance and operational functions.
- Oversees a finance team by coaching, developing, training and managing the job performance of all team members.
Lift up to 10 lbs., sit and/or stand long periods
||Anne Charette Tyler