||Full Time (1 Year Maternity Leave Contract)
||Niagara Falls, ON
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources Services, the Human Resources Coordinator will assist and support various Human Resources functions relating to recruitment, technology, process improvement projects, compensation, benefits, WSIB claims management and data analytics/reporting.
- Completion of post-secondary education specializing in Human Resources.
- Possession of Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation or equivalent considered to be an asset.
- Minimum 1-3 years of Human Resources experience supported a variety of HR functions
- Human Resources experience in a unionized environment considered an asset.
- Proven knowledge and experience in full cycle recruitment (experience in other areas of HR an asset)
- Proven knowledge and experience using HR systems such as Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience with reporting and analyzing Human Resources data
- Ability to quickly build and foster positive relationships with the union, employees and managers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to problem solve, adapt to changing priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are required.
- Desire to work in a team environment, in multiple capacities.
- Knowledge of Human Resources best practices to proactively consult on business needs.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Executes all aspects of the internal and external full time recruitment process including preparing job postings, advertising, resume screening, interviewing, candidate selection, reference checking, and orientation of new hires.
- Prepares hiring recommendations for approval, creates employment offers and coordinates new hire documents.
- Provides advice and consultation to Managers and Supervisors regarding applicable policy and procedure interpretations, recruitment needs and performance management.
- Assists with the optimization of HR technologies and other related projects.
- Assists with the assessment and analysis of HR statistics and reporting.
- Participates in the creation, development and improvement of HR management tools, including special projects.
- Assists in the WSIB claims management process, including early and safe return to work and modified work programs.
- Remains current with legislation and leading best practices in HR, taking initiative to recommend changes that will improve existing systems and processes.
- Develops and updates job descriptions for positions as necessary.
- Supports the HR Leadership team as needed with the administration of the HR programs.
- Analyzes processes and creates efficiencies to build a collaborative relationship with the business.
- Provides support to managers and employees on human resources functions, issues and projects.