||Niagara Falls, ON
Our client is currently seeking a skilled Instrumentation Technician to join their very busy team. This position will provide instrumentation services to ensure preventative maintenance, maintenance and repair of various instruments and electrical equipment for plant operations in a safe and efficient manner.This position will provide instrumentation services to ensure preventative maintenance, maintenance and repair of various instruments and electrical equipment for plant operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Successful completion of a Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) Instrumentation Technician.
- Successful completion for the Instrumentation Technician Apprenticeship program and have acquired relevant hands on related work experience.
- Completion of a secondary trade as a certified Electrician would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate computer software applications; Previous experience with SAP and other control systems including PLC and DCS systems.
- Must have a strong working knowledge and experience in the repair and maintenance of various types of instrumentation and control equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of Predictive and Preventative maintenance practices. Diagnostic and problem solving skills related to technical issues.
- Must be able to read process flow diagrams, P&IDs, electrical drawings and follow electrical/instrumentation specifications.
- Developed interpersonal / communication skills; ability to work cooperatively and respectfully within a team.
1/ Health, Safety & Environment
- Works safely with respect to health, safety and environmental requirements including following all safety rules. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Conducts daily work activities in support of HSE objectives and policies.
• Demonstrates personal accountability to assist with carrying out duties, responsibilities and authority as defined in HSE programs, practices and procedures.
• Assure compliance to PSM standards (MOC’s, PSSR’s, Procedures, Audits, etc.)
• Maintains protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
• Demonstrates and practices safe handling of hand tools and power tools typically and commonly used in installation and maintenance tasks.
- To maintain, troubleshoot, repair and replace all instrumentation and control equipment. Instruments include: scale calibrators, controllers, transmitters, pneumatic valves, electronic parts, analyzers, variable frequency drives and computerized control systems.
- Performs a variety of tasks related to PLC and DCS control systems.
- Completes the layout, assembly and installation of all instrumentation and control systems for altering existing equipment and new minor installations.
- Troubleshoots jobs, estimating hours, equipment necessary and costs, completes purchase orders and submits brief reports to supervisor.
- Performs preventive maintenance and troubleshoots repetitive equipment failures to determine problem.
- Adjusts equipment as required, i.e. automatic valves, actuators and positioners.
- Provides assistance to Technical and Engineering staff in control systems design
- Provides input on the implications of one type of design over another.
- Responsible to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of instrumentation field
3/ Assist the Electricians to perform:
- Preventive Maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical problems and for repetitive electrical breakdowns to minimize failures.
- Plans approach to job in order to ensure the most efficient and safe way to perform the task.
- Completes the layout, assembly and installation of electrical for altering existing equipment and new minor installations and selection and ordering of materials to complete this work.
- Maintains and updates ESA log book.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of electrical code and general knowledge in the electrical field.
- Required to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed to maintain a 24/7 operating plant.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms. Must be able to work in confined spaces, work at heights and work from platforms.
- Valid driver’s license required.