||St Catharines, ON
Our client is looking for a savvy administrative assistant/receptionist that is looking to join their very busy office, with opportunity to grow with a company.
- A diploma in Office Administration is preferred
- Receptionist experience is required
- Excellent telephone technique and manner
- Good people skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and other software required
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy of work
- Answer all incoming calls to main switchboard and accurately transfer/record messages for staff as required
- Greet Members and the public in a professional manner when visiting the Board office
- Maintain fax machines, photocopier, credit card machine (i.e., order toner and paper, handle all service calls, etc.).
- Ensure that fax machines and photocopier are always supplied with paper and toner.
- Troubleshoot minor issues and contact trades people for office issues such as electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, office equipment, etc.
- Assist other staff with administrative overflow as delegated by the Manager of Operations
- Receive any deliveries and advise appropriate staff member immediately upon receipt of products
- Open, date stamp and distribute all incoming mail immediately upon receipt, contact couriers for outgoing shipments and stamp and mail all Canada Post envelopes as required
- Keep storage rooms and shelves/closets neat and tidy, including preparing and tying cardboard for recycling
- Order office supplies and once received, place them in appropriate storage areas
- When quarterly invoices are due, assist with processing of payments.
- Assists Accounting Clerk by accepting invoice payments (cheques) for quarterly invoices, when required;
- Assist Member Service Coordinator by keeping track of registrations for membership meetings, etc.
- Under the direction of the Manager of Operations prepare the monthly newsletter
- Voicemail to be checked on both main extension and general mailbox when necessary
- Makes coffee for meetings, ensures meeting areas are clean and tidy following meetings and runs dishwasher as required
||$13/hr to start