||Temporary, Full Time
||St Catharines, ON
Our client is looking for an entry level Purchaser/Buyer to assist them during this busy period.
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in business administration, commerce or economics would be an asset
- Experience in construction, manufacturing and/or industrial settings would be preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in a purchasing/buyer role
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Negotiate the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Ensure all supplies are ordered and shipped in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Participate in the specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Purchase machines, chemicals, and products to ensure continuous production.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Maintain an up to date vendor status and approved suppliers lists.
- Monitor delivery to ensure correct product is delivered on time.
- Monitor inventory control and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Responsible for ensuring all Purchase Orders are kept up to date
- Inventory counts