||Niagara Falls, ON
Our client is seeking a skilled payroll professional to join their team during this busy period. In this position, you will be assisting with a variety of clerical duties related to the payroll function.
- Completion of a Community College Diploma or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of payroll, accounting and general office practices and procedures; mathematical aptitude.
- Knowledgeable of computer operations and related software applications/data processing.
- 3-5 years of previous related experience.
- Good organizational and record keeping skills.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to use a calculator proficiently.
- Typing skills, ability to operate computer programs and problem solving skills, ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have experience using ADP and Ceridian.
- Performs a variety of tasks required for the preparation, calculation and processing of the bi-weekly payroll.
- Organizes time cards and time sheets for preparation and computer input.
- Checks time cards and bottom portion of time sheets for accuracy and submits to Data Entry Section for input, as required.P
- Performs bi-weekly data input of time cards; administers seasonal contract, regular and management payroll.
- Calculates termination pay calculations for employees that are retiring or leaving the organization.
- Prepares & creates a variety of electronic reports and forms based on payroll information through the use of a variety of software applications such as apprenticeship program, WSIB, pregnancy/parental leave, service and earnings reports leave credit surrender for Department Directors.
- Changes / up-dates employee files as required (i.e. employee re-calls, temporary lay-offs and final pays).
- Investigates/corrects and responds to routine problems/enquiries for managers and staff.
- Ensure the application of three Collective Agreements.
- Works closely with the Human Recourses Managers/Pension & Benefits Manager on Payroll related matters.
- Processes ROE’s for eligible employees on layoff.
- Prepares Payroll Report for the committee and prepares Vacation Liability & Retiring Allowance Reports for the Controller, Corporate Services.
- Calculates the Pension Adjustment for employees in the pension plans in accordance with CRA requirements and Pension Board directions.
- Maintains manual input of the full-time attendance program and oversees the seasonal employees that are on yearly contracts.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties related to the Payroll function.
- Maintains a variety of computerized and manual payroll records and files information / records.
- Performs various calculations related to wage / salary payments and payroll deductions.
- Assists in the administration of the Canada Savings Bond Program.
- Initiates re-issuing of replacement cheques and calculates cash advances for employees.