||Full Time (Contract)
||Port Robinson, ON
We are looking for deckhands to assist the operator and providing excellent customer services to user groups.
The Ferry Service provides transporation of people across the canal from the west bank to the east bank.
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card (an asset but not required)
- Comfortable driving a pontoon boat
- Knowledge of Standard First Aid
- Understand the maximum weight capacity rated for the boat in use to be able to assess how many passengers and bicycles may be safely loaded
- Ensure all safety equipment is on board at all times during the operation hours
- Ensure there is no visible damage to the boat or engines and they are operating properly before use
- Ensure all passengers are seated evenly throughout the vessel
- Ensure all bicycles, strollers, small wagons, etc., are secured and ready to depart
- Ensure the canal is clear of any vessel traffic before crossing
- Hold the boat in place while users board and get off at the dock
- Assist with the loading/unloading/securing bicycles, etc.
- Seasonal from June to November
- Weekends only at the start and end of the season
- All days during peak season