Our client is looking for a hardworking, and reliable lab technician to assist in their research and development lab.
- Degree or diploma in chemistry or related field
- Experience in a laboratory setting is required
- Experience in a quality control environment would be an asset
- Posess basic computer skills
- Ability to learn the skills to operate basic equipment (lab extruder, mill, spray equipment, and testing equipment)
- Weighing up test samples based on a given formula
- Processing samples through lab extruders and grinding equipment
- Spraying and baking powder on required test panels/parts
- Preparing product test samples for lab and customer evaulation
- Running basic performance testing ( mechnaical properties , gloss, colour, solvent resistance, cure testing, etc)
- May involve tinting products to match a supplied colour standard
- Basic lab housekeeping dutie
- Performs routine tasks, records results, and prepares specimens in support of others.
- Employee is required to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion. Employee will spend approximately 20% of the day sitting, 30% standing, 40% walking and 10% stooping, climbing and kneeling.
- Employee maybe required to tint paint, therefore, must have good color perception.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.