||Niagara Falls, ON
Our client, a leader in the food industry, is looking to add an experienced and qualified Millwright to their growing team.
- Licensed Millwright (433A)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an industrial manufacturing setting
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in the food manufacturing industry
- Basic electrical experience required
- Experience with welding and machining
- Forklift/scissor-lift experience preferred
- Able to take direction, both verbal and written, and communicate effectively. Must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working with automation packing machines would be considered a definite asset
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on all processing and packaging equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Controls downtime by performing routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop tools and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports (as required) by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible to report food safety problems and or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions.
- Responsible for GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), food safety and quality, and being aware of SQF System Program.
||$31.23/hr to start
- Schedule is a 3 shift rotation.