Our client is seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to manage all aspects of payroll within an unionized manufacturing company.
This position is currently set to be temporary, however there is potential for growth opportunity with the right educational background and experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and Accounting Designation
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar type plant or manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of ERP system, payroll system, experience with pension plans
- Experience with payroll in a unionized environment would be considered a definite asset
- Pay administration including the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for Canadian payroll (hourly and salaried). Oversees the calculation of wages, overtime, bonus/incentive pay, vacation accruals and deductions to ensure compliance with legislation. Ensures that payments and government reports are disbursed timely and accurately.
- Ensures that payroll complies with the Union contract and that employees are paid correctly
- Timecard processing and monitoring the payroll and overseeing the General Clerk and data entry
- Ensure that government remittances and reports are disbursed timely and accurately
- Year-end reporting, including T4’s & T4A’s, WSIB, EHT
- Manages garnishments, Employment Insurance, Payroll Taxes and direct deposits
- Process Records of Employment
- Calculates the pension adjustment for hourly and salaried pension plans
- Prepares and validates file uploads from payroll system to Services Canada and CRA websites
- Work with Human Resources on payroll related matters
- Administration of pension plans in coordination with payroll and HR
- Participates on the pension committee