||St Catharines, ON
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join their growing team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of the financial records and reports for the organization, and its affiliated companies, and its clients; providing financial reporting and analytical support to the Executive Management Team and clients. Under the direction of the Controller and General Manager, the Senior Accountant will manage all necessary and appropriate records, files, processes and procedures to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operations, financial and management reporting according to GAAP rules, focusing on accuracy, transparency and meeting all deadlines and regulations.
The Senior Accountant is responsible to supervise the lower level staff, to maintain the productive work environment and customer satisfaction in timely and efficient manner.
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional Accounting Designation in good standing (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA), or working towards
- Minimum of 4 years in accounting experience
- Proven accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Must be fluent in English both oral and written. Knowledge of French language is an asset
- Must be able to keep business information strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Prepare the General Ledger and supporting accounts within various accounting systems
- Prepare and posting of account entries by compiling and analyzing account information and financial transactions
- Prepare the month-end and year-end accruals and closing entries
- Prepare the Accounts Reconciliation
- Prepare error-free monthly financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss statement, Performance to Budget / Variance and Cash Flow according to schedule
- Prepare Annual Financial Reports
- Analyse financials information and provide monthly financial analysis reports
- Conduct/supervise a weekly reconciliation of bank accounts and prepare weekly Cash Flow report
- Monitor Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable; prepare interest receivable accruals for various investments, and monitor its timely collections.
- Prepare HST/GST and PST returns
- Responsible for Payroll processing, payroll remittances, T4, T4A, ROE
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets, 3-5 year forecasts according to schedule
- Prepare the monthly rolling forecast and variance analysis reports according to schedule
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies/procedures
- Comply with local, and federal government reporting requirements
- Provide administrative support to management as requested
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Perform other duties as assigned by President, General Manager and Controller